Hide Comments Below

• not inappropriate
  • Other
  • sunlight
  • get permlink
  • Comments 201 through 295 of 296 shown. Page 1 2 3
    abbynormal 1917 2014-04-16 12:39:01.0 login to vote score 2
    Can we nuke this tard please?
    abbynormal 1917 2014-04-16 12:40:39.0 login to vote score 6
    Yeah, this adds value to the site and makes people want to hang out here.
    grahams 5 2014-04-16 12:42:28.0 login to vote score 4
    abbynormal: Yeah, and xxplosiv has a high post count, neither are good for the site IMHO.

They contribute nothing. They don't feed the queue, looks at phail's post count and then look at the number of submissions he's made.

At least TBS is capable of making posts that can add value to a discussion. All Phil and Half do is lie and insult people.

I don't see why just posting a lot means they add anything to the site, they don't. I'd be interested to see how many people have them on ignore.

abbynormal 1917 2014-04-16 12:44:36.0 login to vote score 4
    grahams: True, but the same is likely true of other users too. There's a few I can point at who enjoy nothing better than poking the conservative trolls just to make my life suck.

Maybe you should change the appeal process so it requires multiple votes before a request gets sent to you.
    abbynormal 1917 2014-04-16 12:49:02.0 login to vote score 3
    xxplosiv: I'm unstruck because it is unjust. Couldn't you leave your lasso like just this?

No one was talking to you fucko.
    osirisothedead 1858 2014-04-16 12:54:38.0 login to vote score 3
    abbynormal: Can we nuke this tard please?

How about a little help?
    abbynormal 1917 2014-04-16 12:56:24.0 login to vote score 0
    osirisothedead: How about a little help?

I wish I could, but for some reason I have a high enough nancy score so I can't vote or strike.

Not sure why.

grahams 5 2014-04-16 12:57:32.0 login to vote score 2
    abbynormal: I don't see why you bother unstriking them. It's not like they are paying you to use the site.

Visa aren't going to contact you for an explanation of a chargeback, they are going to contact me, then I have to explain why they've been stfu'd. So I have to have a clear reason that I can give them.

osirisothedead 1858 2014-04-16 12:59:03.0 login to vote score 5
    grahams: That's part of the problem - we are taking money from them. If a user is paying for bN then we need to have a clear reason why they can't use the site at a point in time.

abbynormal 1917 2014-04-16 13:03:42.0 login to vote score 5

So "It's my site and my decision" isn't a good enough reason for them?

Maybe you should add a disclaimer informing people that no refunds will be given if you happen to get an stfu. I don't see why you should anyway.

You put way more effort in to this than it deserves to begin with. Why should you spend ANY time catering to people who just want to cause problems?

Maybe get rid of the appeal option at all. Perhaps if people know they can't just piss all over everyone, then run crying to you when people get fed up with their antics.

So far I haven't see a lot of strike abuse. People don't strike TBS when he's acting human.

Perhaps people might think twice about being jerks if they knew they'd have to serve their time with no chance of appeal.
    intentionally left blank 2011 2014-04-16 13:03:58.0 login to vote score 2
    osirisothedead: How about a little help?

This.
    jimmythehutt 2751 2014-04-16 13:04:54.0 login to vote score 1
    artificeren: OOO, got my Cortana update on my windows phone yesterday. Finally got to playing around with it today. It's pretty damn spiffy and accurate. Looking forward to seeing how well the IFTTT and tracking features work out.

Yeah, I've been enjoying it, too.
    halfof33 12140 2014-04-16 13:11:58.0 login to vote score -4

And you usually go around the site begging people to use fixbn, and make false accusations that I am "lying."

Sad really that you are so obsessed with me.
    grahams 5 2014-04-16 13:12:32.0 login to vote score 3
    osirisothedead: It was my understanding that giving money to bN is a donation, not a payment in return for services.

osirisothedead 1858 2014-04-16 13:14:35.0 login to vote score 2
    grahams: It's unclear how visa would characterize that. Generally since you are paying money for something of value you would have a right to that thing of value. It's never really been tested, but I don't think it's really a donation if we're a for profit company

eddyatwork 998 2014-04-16 13:15:57.0 login to vote score 2

osirisothedead 1858 2014-04-16 13:16:52.0 login to vote score 4
    eddyatwork: Easy solution, just extend their masterbN by the same length of time as their STFU. They don't lose anything technically.

I thought about that, too, but if the possibility of losing masterbN forever because of poor behavior acts as a deterrent, that could be a good thing.
    eddyatwork 998 2014-04-16 13:17:27.0 login to vote score 3
    abbynormal: Can we nuke this tard please?

Boom goes the headshot!
    eddyatwork 998 2014-04-16 13:18:07.0 login to vote score 2
    cannonhawk: Also said fuck it to my massive pile of gaming shame and sent most of it to gamestop then I realized how much digital content I have and weep knowing I've got at least two sixty hour RPG's to get through.

So in other words you have a...SHAMEGAME!
    mimir 6886 2014-04-16 13:19:03.0 login to vote score 3
    intentionally left blank: This.

*grabs an axe and tears shirt off*

bring it on.
    grahams 5 2014-04-16 13:19:36.0 login to vote score 2
    osirisothedead: You could autorefund anybody who gets STFU'd multiple times and make them ineligible for masterbN.

Maybe appeals should be a feature of masterbn
    intentionally left blank 2011 2014-04-16 13:19:49.0 login to vote score 1
    mimir: *grabs an axe and tears shirt off*

bring it on.

Gracias.
    halfof33 12140 2014-04-16 13:21:48.0 login to vote score -4

You are really excited about this, aren't you?

Here are other ways we can make this place an even more specialer echo chamber!

First, whenever grahams is not around, the other characters have to say "where's Grahams."

Second, Oreo needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine.

intentionally left blank 2011 2014-04-16 13:22:23.0 login to vote score 1
    grahams: Maybe, but tbs is paid up for years and I can only refund in a 90 day period iirc.

Maybe appeals should be a feature of masterbn

So? They're donations, not fees.
    osirisothedead 1858 2014-04-16 13:22:30.0 login to vote score 2
    halfof33: You are really excited about this, aren't you?

abbynormal 1917 2014-04-16 13:23:17.0 login to vote score 4
    eddyatwork: Boom goes the headshot!

abbynormal 1917 2014-04-16 13:24:52.0 login to vote score 4

Maybe appeals should be a feature of masterbn

I don't think that's a good idea, TBS already thinks he can buy you.
    halfof33 12140 2014-04-16 13:25:04.0 login to vote score -3
    osirisothedead: No, I'm interested in making this site a fun place for discussion. Sorry if that feeds in to your persecution complex, halfpint.

Halfpint? BAWWW! All that you ever do is insult people!

swoons... faints.... misses couch... cracks head on table.... dreams of eager loosers.
    eddyatwork 998 2014-04-16 13:25:24.0 login to vote score 5

Maybe appeals should be a feature of masterbn

osirisothedead 1858 2014-04-16 13:25:41.0 login to vote score 1
    halfof33: Halfpint? BAWWW! All that you ever do is insult people!

Ok, sportchampbuckodudebro. Call me "oreo" again! LOL!
    halfof33 12140 2014-04-16 13:27:44.0 login to vote score -3
    osirisothedead: Ok, sportchampbuckodudebro. Call me "oreo" again! LOL!

BOOM!
    osirisothedead 1858 2014-04-16 13:28:45.0 login to vote score 3
    halfof33: Oreo is NOT an insult! It is an affectionate nickname, like when your buddy calls you tiny... in bed.

BOOM!

eddyatwork 998 2014-04-16 13:28:53.0 login to vote score 1
    abbynormal: Yeah, this adds value to the site and makes people want to hang out here.

To be honest, striking people who need it does make me happy, but especially when I get that critical third strike and I'm at home and can yell BOOM! HEADSHOT! or a variation thereof.
    burntman 1528 2014-04-16 13:29:11.0 login to vote score 2

BOOM!

Are you 14 years old?
    eddyatwork 998 2014-04-16 13:29:21.0 login to vote score 1
    osirisothedead: Ok, sportchampbuckodudebro. Call me "oreo" again! LOL!

I like oreothederp myself.
    eddyatwork 998 2014-04-16 13:30:22.0 login to vote score 0
    I also like saying red hot nuts because I'm immature.
    osirisothedead 1858 2014-04-16 13:30:43.0 login to vote score 1
    eddyatwork: I like oreothederp myself.

abbynormal 1917 2014-04-16 13:33:24.0 login to vote score 1
    eddyatwork: You know, Zynga might be on to something. Each appeal costs 99 cents. You get some money out of it for your time, plus if someone goes apeshit it'll cost them something.

That's actually not a bad idea.

osirisothedead 1858 2014-04-16 13:33:43.0 login to vote score 1
    eddyatwork 998 2014-04-16 13:34:46.0 login to vote score 3
    osirisothedead: I do too. It's one of my alts. Unfortunately I can't use it anymore since taking the no alt pledge.

You see? YOU SEE THE EVIL OF THE NO ALT PLEDGE!
    intentionally left blank 2011 2014-04-16 13:34:46.0 login to vote score 4
    abbynormal: Damn, I just got the ability to vote back, but you guys had already dealt the final blow!

eddyatwork 998 2014-04-16 13:35:14.0 login to vote score 1
    osirisothedead: Hey, halfmast, how many times have you been STFU'd? I'm not talking about getting a comment zapped, I'm talking about either being disemvoweled or unable to post.

OMG! You just insulted him!
    intentionally left blank 2011 2014-04-16 13:35:18.0 login to vote score 3

He's only halfmast because he likes you.
    kswheels 4583 2014-04-16 13:35:20.0 login to vote score 7
    EMS just left when my mom opted to let dad take her to immediate care. In case you're ever wondering Bronchitis and booze don't mix.
    osirisothedead 1858 2014-04-16 13:35:53.0 login to vote score 0
    intentionally left blank: He's only halfmast because he likes you.

halfof33 12140 2014-04-16 13:37:18.0 login to vote score -4
    osirisothedead: Now you're just attention-whoring. If you're in to that sort of thing, go be EJB's new "daddio".

NO YOU!

I'm actually not sure, Oreocookiesandcake. Once that I recall. Unjustly i should add.
    osirisothedead 1858 2014-04-16 13:38:14.0 login to vote score 0
    Angry xxplosiv is angry. Watching that nancy rise.
    halfof33 12140 2014-04-16 13:38:37.0 login to vote score -4
    intentionally left blank: He's only halfmast because he likes you.

You take that back!
    halfof33 12140 2014-04-16 13:40:25.0 login to vote score -4
    osirisothedead: No, I'm waiting for him to say he's never been STFU'd here so I can throw the "echo chamber" bullshit back in his face.

back in his face... in his face... face....
    osirisothedead 1858 2014-04-16 13:41:44.0 login to vote score 2
    halfof33: back in his face... in his face... face....

You must be a lib.
    intentionally left blank 2011 2014-04-16 13:44:57.0 login to vote score 0

Pants around his ankles and you canna take a hint?
    muninsfire 189 2014-04-16 13:46:18.0 login to vote score 2
    Christ on a crutch. I don't have the time for this shit today.
    eddyatwork 998 2014-04-16 13:47:15.0 login to vote score 2
    muninsfire: Christ on a crutch. I don't have the time for this shit today.

You'll run that script mister and you'll do it NOW!
    intentionally left blank 2011 2014-04-16 13:47:57.0 login to vote score 2

Maybe appeals should be a feature of masterbn

abbynormal: I don't think that's a good idea, TBS already thinks he can buy you.

Bears repeating. He says that all the time.

He's also not the only person who contributes, I'm sure. You can't play favorites based on donations.
    intentionally left blank 2011 2014-04-16 13:48:40.0 login to vote score 2
    muninsfire: Christ on a crutch. I don't have the time for this shit today.

Then contribute to the numbers station or russians on the radio threads.
    random bacon 12498 2014-04-16 13:48:45.0 login to vote score 1
    There's word salad all over everything, nasty.
    eddyatwork 998 2014-04-16 13:49:32.0 login to vote score 1
    random bacon: There's word salad all over everything, nasty.

And it isn't even covered in ranch dressing or thousand island. Just oil and vinegar on the side.
    intentionally left blank 2011 2014-04-16 13:49:47.0 login to vote score 2
    random bacon: There's word salad all over everything, nasty.

What's really repulsive is sporkchop's mayo on it.
    roddikinsathome 1812 2014-04-16 13:50:15.0 login to vote score 1
    Awww, I missed the fun.
    roddikinsathome 1812 2014-04-16 13:51:01.0 login to vote score 3
    intentionally left blank: What's really repulsive is sporkchop's mayo on it.

O_o Ew.
    valentinselezynov 3304 2014-04-16 13:52:37.0 login to vote score 1
    Ultra Magnus arrived today.

I didn't really like him in G1, so i don't mind that he's just a white re-paint of Optimus. The cool thing about him though, is that one of his detachable hand parts is actually two hands in a sort of manly handshake position. One white and one blue, and you're supposed to attach one side to Ultra Magnus and the other to Optimus Prime.

I kind of wish that i didn't play as hard as a kid. I went through a crate of my old toys not so long ago and found a Galvatron with his head detached (Starscream got his revenge in my personal continuity). Anyway, i think i'm going to buy all of the upcoming Age of Extinction tie-in toys.
    halfof33 12140 2014-04-16 13:52:57.0 login to vote score -2

intentionally left blank: Pants around his ankles and you canna take a hint?

intentionally left blank: What's really repulsive is sporkchop's mayo on it.

Somebody has me on their mind! Their dirty, dirty minds.... winks.
    abbynormal 1917 2014-04-16 13:55:31.0 login to vote score 0
    an easily refund.
    intentionally left blank: You probably got the nancy from sporkchop going on an unstriking spree of the strikes you were able to get in.

That could be it.

I don't get that. Who has that much free time?
    grotfabrieken rubbishhausen 561 2014-04-16 13:56:09.0 login to vote score 7

Did you ever see my version of what that would look like?

Click to embiggen
    intentionally left blank 2011 2014-04-16 13:56:22.0 login to vote score 1
    abbynormal: an easily refund.

That could be it.

I don't get that. Who has that much free time?

phail?
    abbynormal 1917 2014-04-16 14:01:22.0 login to vote score 0
    grotfabrieken rubbishhausen: Did you ever see my version of what that would look like?

Click to embiggen

That is awesome!
    eddyatwork 998 2014-04-16 14:03:42.0 login to vote score 0
    The Phantom Pharter is striking again. For some reason Mountain Dew red makes me gassy and I had almost a whole 2 liter bottle of it this morning. FRAAAAAAP!
    thefifthsetpin 5278 2014-04-16 14:05:03.0 login to vote score 1
    grahams: The fact that the community just decided to not let them play doesn't really fly.

Well, they paid to participate in a community moderated forum. That's kinda bN's main schtick. Well, that and funny headlines on real news articles. =)

Complaining about the community moderation shutting you up is like paying to enter a chess tournament and being upset when you get knocked out.

Put it another way, comment spam is basically a low-tech DNS attack. I don't really know the laws around that, but IMHO bN services have been denied to me if I can't easily read the beer garden because it's clogged with xxpolsive spam. The courts do seem happy to call low-tech attacks violations of hacking laws, so you might have that working for you.
    abbynormal 1917 2014-04-16 14:05:26.0 login to vote score 0
    intentionally left blank: phail?

You'd have to have no job, friends or family and do nothing but post here.
    kswheels 4583 2014-04-16 14:05:37.0 login to vote score 0
    Rod has rigged the cool vote again.
    coelecanth 10809 2014-04-16 14:08:01.0 login to vote score 0

bN appeals: Available for Android and IOS! Now featuring in-app strike appeal purchases!
    eddyatwork 998 2014-04-16 14:09:00.0 login to vote score 0
    abbynormal: How? I really want to know! How does anyone have that little going on in their life?

You'd have to have no job, friends or family and do nothing but post here.

In other words you'd have to be a bNer?
    eddyatwork 998 2014-04-16 14:09:17.0 login to vote score 0
    kswheels: Rod has rigged the cool vote again.

ths vt s rggd
    coelecanth 10809 2014-04-16 14:11:42.0 login to vote score 0
    kswheels: Rod has rigged the cool vote again.

We obey the rules of the universe. Rod writes them.
    abbynormal 1917 2014-04-16 14:15:23.0 login to vote score 0
    eddyatwork: In other words you'd have to be a bNer?

Most of us at least have jobs. Gotta keep myself in Cheetos to eat in my parents basement.
    random bacon 12498 2014-04-16 14:33:24.0 login to vote score 0
    Looks like there's a mass phishing expedition for twitch.tv, silly Russians.
    Comments 201 through 295 of 296 shown. Page 1 2 3
    If you logged in, you could post here.